Business Card Books Companies and consumers in all industries are increasingly concerned about sustainability. Research shows that 62% of executives consider a sustainable strategy essential to remain competitive. 75% of consumers, however, take corporate sustainability responsibility (CSR), into consideration when purchasing.
Over the years, the use of trees to produce mass-produced paper products like books, newsprint, and moo business cards has been a hot topic. Consumers and companies are increasingly open to using paper alternatives for books and newspapers.
A business marketing card is a way to show customers who you are and what you do. It also conveys your services.
Digital technology has made it possible to connect with others online. Social media accounts are a reflection of our brand and beliefs. Social media is used to share videos and connect with others. Social media networking has become as normal as brushing your teeth every morning when you get up from bed. LinkedIn is a top-ranked networking site for business professionals and companies. YouTube is used extensively to drive traffic to websites, promote products and generate leads via video. Instagram allows users to become part of the lives of others by sharing captivating photos. Facebook is a great way to increase brand awareness and showcase your brand’s personality. If you ask the question, “Do we need paper business cards for networking?” the simple answer is “No.” They are still an important tool for networking.
Your business card identifies who you are and conveys your services. It also allows customers to recall you after the first meeting. A great first impression can dramatically increase your chances for future conversations and help you build strong business relationships.
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of using digital business cards over paper.
Paper Business Card Books
- You can grab attention with paper business cards, make great impressions, and expose your brand.
- When networking face-to-face, paper cards make it easy to share.
- You can make paper cards to create a personal connection and build meaningful relationships.
- People are used to exchanging business cards and receiving them when networking. Paper business cards are highly valued in countries like Japan and China. China’s proper etiquette requires that you bow. The counterpart extends their business card to you with both your hands. After you have read the card carefully, you then bow and extend your business cards with both of your hands.
- Printing them is relatively easy.
- A professional graphic designer may be required to create professionally designed business card books. A graphic designer can charge between $50 and $70 an hour.
- You must reprint your cards if you have changed your phone number, email address, website address, or other contact information.
- Paper business cards can quickly accumulate and take up space. This can make it overwhelming.
- A business card scanner is required for Contact Management. This allows people to be exported into a CRM, or an online platform that manages their contact information.
- Research shows that 88% of business cards given out will be tossed out within a week.
- You will need to wait until your business cards arrive if they are sent. This can be frustrating.
- The environment is not kind to paper business cards.
Digital Business Card Books
- Your digital business agent card will set you apart from your competition.
- Digital cards can be shared easily with most applications. You can share your business cards books via email (SMS), text (email) and social media.
- You can attach videos and other links to digital business cards (surveys or sign up forms, subscription lists etc. To make great first impressions, to share contact information, and to advertise services more engagingly,
- You can store all of your contact information, web URLs, and social media accounts on digital business cards. Digital cards allow you to store any changes in your contact information at any time. This eliminates the need to print new cards.
- The digital business card app is great for Contact Management. Some apps include an optical character reader (OCR), or business card scanner. This allows you to scan business cards and convert them into digital text. The data can then be saved within the app, or synced with a CRM program.
- You can easily personalize digital cards to reflect your brand. You don’t need to wait for new cards to arrive by mail if you want to change the color or update your contact information.
- Many digital card apps can be integrated with calendar systems like Google Calendars or Microsoft Outlook. These integrations enable you to sync all your calendar accounts, create reminder alerts and schedule follow-up meetings directly from the app.
- Digital cards are an eco-friendly option to traditional business cards.
- Some people and cultures may not be used to receiving digital business cards. Some people may find the exchange inappropriate or may not know how to save or access their contact information.
- Because you have to enter their phone number or email address in the app to send them your digital card, exchanging a digital business card with someone isn’t as easy as exchanging paper cards.
- Buggy digital business card applications can make it difficult to share your card with others. Do your research and read reviews about the company before you decide to use a digital business card application.
- The application may have a steep learning curve depending on how complex the system is. Understanding the features and creating a digital card can be difficult. You should ensure that the digital business card app you choose is easy to use, user-friendly, and has clearly defined features.
Both digital and paper business cards are excellent options for networking and making good first impressions. It all comes down to which method you are most comfortable with when networking. A paper business card can be useful in certain situations, but a digital card is better suited for others. Technology has changed the way people interact with each other online and in person. You can do your research on paper Actor business cards or digital business cards and then choose the option that you think will best help you reach your networking goals.