Are all social networks required to have a profile? How do I manage them? How often and what content should I share with them?
Social networks are essential for business today to communicate with customers. Social networks have a strong influence on consumers’ purchasing decisions. We can list over 1000 social networks, but we must admit that Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook are the most used by users with active profiles.
Social networks are a powerful tool for retaining customers and promoting them. This is the most difficult part for companies. Many people don’t know what they should do with their profiles once they have opened them. You need a strategy that is specific to your business to succeed online. It can be difficult to make efficient and effective use of these tools. We can help with these tips.
1. Define your brand’s values
- Start by defining your brand’s essence and values. Think about the values you want to communicate, and how you will do it.
- Remember that your brand’s values must be relevant to your target audience. If not, they will not connect with you.
2. Define your target audience
Find out the characteristics of the people or companies who are most interested in your products and services. It is important to clearly define who your message should reach.
3. Find out what social networks are available
You should take the time to learn all of the options available and decide which one is best for you.
4. You don’t have to be on every social network
Only those social networks are relevant to a company’s target audience must be represented. Each active profile is a task that requires dedication and attention. If you don’t have the time or ability to properly manage it, it’s better to not exist.
You will also need to be familiar with the basics of how each platform works.
5. Establish goals and develop a strategy for achieving them
A company may decide to be present on social media because it has certain goals. Define the route you’ll take to reach your goals and how you’ll do it.
6. Your strategy should be adapted to each social network’s characteristics
- Different users have different needs, so adapt your message, tone, and strategy to fit each one.
- Facebook allows us to use a more casual tone because we are in a relaxed environment. LinkedIn is more professional and should have a formal tone.
7. Trust a professional
- You need to know that a professional and effective management of social media networks in your company will result in results that make your investment more profitable.
- If your company is resourceful, you can leave this work to social media agencies like DotMuze.
8. You can bet on quality content that adds to value
You can only create useful content that is of great value and generate interaction. It is a good idea to create and implement a content marketing plan.
9. Followers are not to be bought
It’s a waste of money to buy followers or fans who don’t interact with your community. False followers can also damage your online reputation as well as the credibility of your brand.
10. Don’t expect immediate results
- You will need to allow your users time to get to to know you, and to create a link.
- Make a long-term plan and determine:
- Permanent actions that you will perform periodically. On the other hand, you will perform specific actions on special occasions such as sales and new product launches.
- It is recommended to rely on the advertising platforms provided by each social media network for specific actions.
11. It transmits the most human side to the brand
- Show your values and share your story to connect with your users. You will create an emotional connection with your users by humanizing your brand.
- People don’t want to buy products. They want experiences, and that is what you should offer.
12. Start a conversation and respond to comments
- Social media communication is not just about sending messages. It’s two-way.
- The user is now more than a receiver.
- You should respond honestly to their comments, engage in discussion with them, and respect their opinions and contributions.
13. Attention to your new needs
- Your target audience’s needs may change over time.
- Listen to your customers and be aware of any new trends in your industry.
14 It is a mistake for you to concentrate on selling
- Although social networks are not an effective sales channel, they can help you sell online by putting you in touch with your target audience.
- Instead of thinking about selling, think about what you can do to help others. This will increase your connection.
- Be patient, there will be business opportunities.
15. Monitor your actions
- Every action you take will have an effect. It is important to quantify the impact of each action.
- This will allow you to determine if your objectives are being met.
- This will allow you to see both your successes and the mistakes you made to improve them.